The " Big Six"

Had this guy on game camera a couple of times back around October. He had been seen on Game Cam by several guys on their game cam's at night a mile or so apart Always at night! The night before I scored Jason Silverman (Sakohunter264) saw him just before dark-thirty at a stand about a mile away!

The rut has started in south Texas. I got in my stand at 6: AM. One of those days where everything starts out wrong. As soon as I got in my blind, I look up and saw that the corners on two side were covered with dormant wasps. I spent 10 minutes or so smashing them, then when that got to be too laborious, I just scraped them off the walls. Being dormant because of the cold temps they just fall to the floor, where I proceed to stomp them. Talk about noise! Well, that done I finally sit down. A few minutes after shooting light I see a coyote coming down the sendero to my east. Watch him come for a couple hundred yards, but when I slide the plexi-glass open to poke my rifle out he scoots into the brush. I watch for a spell, but no mas coyote. About 10 minutes later I look back out this window and Mr. Coyote is trotting my way about 30 yds out and immediately heads into the brush. Another sendero "tees" into where my stand is locate at a 70 degree angle. I turn my scope down to 4.5 power and stick the muzzle of the rifle through. I figure he may cut across the sendero and perhaps I can nail him. Well he does, I rush the shot and either it's a clean miss or I wing him. Anywho, I for all practical purposes I miss a 30 yd. chip shot. Not a good sign.

About 8:30, I look down the Sendero to my left (west) and what do I spy........

500 yds.

[Linked Image]

250 yds (+/-)

[Linked Image]

100 yds. (+/-)

[Linked Image]

Smoked his azz!

[Linked Image]

6 pt. Cull Buck.

[Linked Image]

not bad, as I still have a management buck and a trophy buck left to take and in the South Zone the rifle season lasts until around January 22.

Don't have a picture but Jason who was in a stand we call "the oak mott" saw a "dream buck" it was a mature 12 pt. that he described as the deer of a life-time. I'll be back around the 17th to see if I can score.

Sometimes dreams come true!

I'll keep ya posted!!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.