I’m in the process of opening a small machine shop as a second job. The vast majority of my machine experience is firearm related having gunsmithed full time for 10 years. I just bought a nice Bridgeport milling machine and I’m thinking small as a way to get started and earn back a little of my investment. I remember one poster sometime back commenting on a post I made about making a new Patridge front blade for my 1926 Hand Ejector. I said I whipped one up on my lunch break and he said he’d been waiting on one for 6 months.

Would there be any market for front sight blades for revolvers here? What would you guys prefer? I can do gold bars, gold beads, plain black of course, as well as dots of any color paint you want though I prefer not to use paint due to durability issues. Any height you would want would be easy as well as having the ability to make a narrower or wider blade. I would like to start out with pin in type blades, though I have made interchangeable blades for the Ruger Super Redhawk style and that wouldn’t be a problem. Finish would most likely be rust blue and serration is something that would be available as well. What would you guys who might be interested be willing to pay for something like this?

I’m really just testing the waters to try and stay in the gun business at least a little bit because it’s something I enjoy. I’m not looking to make a living on sights but I will be serious about quality as well as prompt delivery.