Hey guys. I have shot a lot of game with Randy Garrett's 310 grain .44 mag " factory" loads. They are astonishing in every way. I have since over the last couple decades loaded lots of 300Grain XTP and other 300 grain Hard-cast bullets. The amount recovered from game is very low. Actually I don't know right now off the top of my head of one recovered from a broadside shot on anything but above average male hogs.

Regardless of .44 or .45 caliber what have you shot that you were able to recover one of these heavy bullets from? From my experience, I have recovered several from African Game that was departing or in a standoff staring me down after having been shot once already by a client. Those end on shots have allowed some recoveries. As well as a holed up previously shot very large bear. Then I have had a selection of hogs that have been shot and oddly managed to stop these bullets on the exit side thick shield over their ribs.

That physiology of larger male hogs makes them in my experience one of the toughest big game to shoot through. Truly an American Pachyderm!

What were your load details and Velocity if known?

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)