Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Ya'll want to see what Coyotes think of dogs get someone who has decoy dog/dogs to take you out some time.

You'll come away a true "Coyote behaviorist".

IMO that's about as fun/exciting as hunting gets.

I had 5 coyotes on my decoy dog once. He was just an Australian shepherd but was good sized and smart. He had gone over the hill and out of sight. I saw the coyotes heading towards him on the run, and I figured I had better to get to the top of the hill in a hurry. By time I got there the fight was on. My dog knew that he was in a fix, and had backed into a big sage brush to protect his back. The coyotes were coming in from the front. My dog grabbed and shook one,and another ran in and bit the dog. My dog knew if he came out of that bush he would be toast. I sat down and killed two of the coyotes right there, and got a third one when it stopped a ways out. My dog was glad I had showed up with the rifle to even it out. One of the dead Coyotes had a who!e mouthful of my dogs hair. On numerous occasions I have seem a couple coyotes try and hide and sneak in from the flanks while another coyote or two held my dogs attention, with the goal being to completly circle the dog. Coyotes can be ingenious little fellers. Most little turd hound pets are not even close to being in the same league. They get ate in short order.