First, can we quit calling the SWFA 3-9 an HD? It doesn't have HD glass just the turrets are from the HD line not the classic. Yes the glass is better than the classic line but not quite as good as the HD.

I have examples of all 3 SWFA scopes mentioned so far. Most of my experience is with the 5-20 as I've had it since the introduction. You won't be wanting on the quality of the glass. It's very good and the illumination is nice. What you will be wanting is a larger reticle at low power. This wasn't designed as a hunting scope. If you're looking for lightning quick acquisition of critters this probably isn't the best, hell most ffp high mag scopes will be in the same boat so no knock on it.

The 3-9 SWFA is a great scope that I'm liking a lot. I just need more time with it. Ordered another on Black Friday along with 2 more 6X. There's a difference in the glass between the 2 but you won't see much of a difference on a sunny day at noon. Right now the 3-9 is on my 24" 260 and will see time calling coyotes, low light and night time.

And to add to what form said about resolution, I have an IOR 4-14 that is an amazing piece of glass, it just doesn't have "pop" . I handed my 28" barreled 260 to my friend when we were hunting last weekend and told him it was almost cheating. This was in the last 3 minutes of legal hunting light. His comment was "holy schmit" It's fairly flat but I'll take it over accented blues and yellows that some scopes have. My Zeiss Terra has "pop" but it doesn't make it a good piece of glass.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.