Toot my own horn - when I was driving the boat, I never missed the channel. Partly by luck, partly by noticing muskeg hump shapes on the banks, vectors from village, etc.

On day one of setting up camp at the tower site, I was adamantly opposed to setting up the Weatherport on this beautifully willow-protected (from wind) site on the river gravel bar a couple feet higher than the river level.. At the time. You can see where I'm going, right?

After 4 or 5 (OK- maybe 8 or 10) expressions of my opinion , Harry and Keith were getting right pissed with me. The only other acceptable site was well up on the tundra, but wind-exposed. 5 days later, due to rising water levels, we had to move, in a hurry! the Weatherport and rest of camp to the upper site, on which F&G erected a pre-fab cabin the following summer.

Now, Harry was crew boss, and Keith was the son of a Fairbanks area biologist, which made me low man... After that, i expressed my opinion ONCE, and f'ck the results. Hence 3 hangups on the mud-flats.....

Sure, I can be petty...... smile. Pay was the same.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
That would have been quite the crew to hang with... DeeDee is a genuinely nice lady.

But which of the 5 species of AK Pacific salmon is missing in the Goodnews? Since I seem to remember all 5 there...

wink

[

Hey, Art. I'm old and missing brain cells. Gimmee a break! smile

Last edited by las; 12/16/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.