5 wink
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I have always puzzled over Abraham and Abram.

Abram was the father of the moslems after Sarah did not believe the Lord would fulfill His promise and give them a child. She had too little faith and too little patience so she set Abram up with their maid and made her preggo.

Later, God made Abram a new man (as He later did Paul) and changed him to Abraham who became father of the Israelites and Christians.

Lieberals, Muzzies and those unknowing proclaim him father of the Moslems also to also say Christians and muzzies have the same god. Dont listen to lieberals, muzzys or the unknowing or you will be led astray.

Sorry to say most Bible scholars dont see it that way, though thats how it is. Most make excusese saying Hagar and Ishmael had been kicked out, blah, blah, blah.

When Abraham was renamed he was a new man, i percieve it as he was reborn and was never Abram again.

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son

Anyway, this is how one bible scholar explained it to me.

I appreciate the explanations - I must have dozed off when that was covered.

Im sorry to say, most likely, that was not covered, and most likely, not discerened by most taught "theologians". wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin