Originally Posted by m77
Originally Posted by pete53
I have used and sold both brand scopes ,you may not like my short answer, niteforce scopes are expensive but you get also what you paid for. comparing the two brands the niteforce is 10 times the scope to any busnell ,I would never put a bushnell on my hunting rifle or my son`s.

Nightforce is not 10 times the LRHS. Maybe a step above, but the LRHS is just about impossible to beat for the price. I have absolutely no problems with my Bushnells and they have been hunted hard.

Really depends on the features you want. I don't like that the NXS are now all SFP. I don't like that they don't have capped or locking windage. I like the SHV and ATACR for capped windage and they offer some FFP in both of those lines. I like the ease to set the zero stop better on the LRHS. I also like the 10 MIL per rev on the LRHS or NXS compared to the 5 of the SHV. Of course the ATACR has 12 mil per rev. smile I like that the LRHS can be had for roughly the same price as the SHV comparable but the feature set is a bit better. I think the LRHS has a better in FFP reticle for my uses for hunting. But the SFP 5.5-22 MOAR-T is way nice if wanting to shoot way out there with the thin cross hair......but also know I can't shoot well enough to take full advantage of that and also that realistically I won't be hunting at those distances so its moot. wink

Just pro and cons to both just like anything else. But to say the LRHS line is 1/10 the scope of a Nightforce SHV 3-10 or 4-14 I think would be hilarious at best. I have NF SHV and NXS and still likely pick of an ATACR at some point, but also have 3 LRHS and a couple DMR2 as well....none of them suck IMO. smile That said I am still VERY new to this game and these are just my observations after owning and using some of these scope.