HW95l Field Pro. For a long time I've wanted a higher quality air rifle.

I chose this model because I keep hearing very good reviews about it. I wanted to stick with a springer in order to keep things simple. Don't want to mess with air tanks and compressors. I also wanted to step up to a .22 cal. This rifle will be used mostly for fun shooting in the back yard and probably a little pest control.

Well it arrived yesterday from Airguns Of Arizona. Looking it over the fit and Finnish is excellent. Really nice blueing, the hard wood stock is walnut stained with very sharp checkering. Checking the screws i noticed the action screws were a little loose. I removed them degresed them and put them back in after applying some blue locktite. I did the same to the scope mounting screws before I put the scope on. I was a little disappointed to see that the scope is made in china even though it says Weihrauch on it. Thankfully the rifle says Made In Germany. Fortunately the scope does give me a nice clear sight picture. It is a 3x-9x 40mm.

Today after work I sighted it in. It was getting dark and I new I would not have a lot of time to shoot it. I set up a target at 15 yrds. The first shot was about three inches below point of aim. Windage was already dead on. I was immediately impressed with the trigger. When researching this rifle I kept hearing about the Rekord Trigger. This was a big selling point with me because the cheaper springers that I have used in the past all had poor triggers. This one is light and crisp with just a little take up. There is an adjustment screw behind the trigger. I backed it off a little making the trigger just a tad lighter. Once it was sighted in I was able to get 5 shot groups at under a quarter of an inch off of a rest.

As I said I did not have a lot of time to shoot since it was getting dark. Before I stopped shooting I took a few off hand shots at an old frying pan I have hanging on a fence at 45 yrds away. I had no trouble hitting it. The muzzle weight on the end of the barrel helps giving me a steady hold. I'm looking forward to shooting it some more tomorrow.