Count me as a fan. I work closely with and travel to Switzerland a few times a year so it seemed only fitting to get one of their rifles. One was posted on my local club’s bulletin board last year and nobody grabbed it up for several months! When I saw it I grabbed it immediately. You used to be able to pick them up for a song a few years back, but they have gotten really popular in the last few years and the price has gone up substantially. It is not uncommom to see them for $400-$600 now. GP11 ammo is definitely the way to go for accurate small groups, but it is not a hunting bullet. It is match grade ammo, very similar to Federal Gold Medal Match 308 ballistics. The Swiss never used corrosive ammo and the “waffenfett” lube/oil they used did an excellent job of preventing corrosion. Add to that the high quality steel used and almost all barrels on these old rifles are in pristine condition. MidwayUSA sells GP11 ammo on sale occasionally, around $0.50 per round. GP11 is berdan primed, so reloading is more difficult.

I used the PPU ammo for hunting last month. Didn’t see any deer but really fun to have it in the stand.

https://imgur.com/a/UdH7o

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff