Originally Posted by bwinters
My current Bob likes Hunter best under the 115.

For those asking, nothing wrong with the NPT groups. I'm simply wanting to explore a bit over the winter. We also have a coyote problem on our lease. We also have some 500 yd plus shots available. Was thinking of trying a higher BC and tightening groups a bit. Could be a win-win if I can dream up tighter groups, better BC, and still have capable deer bullets.

In the 25-06 my bread & butter load is the Hornaday 117 BTSP the BT work well too. For coyotes I would try the 115 Bergers or the SST if you have enough twist for the Bergers 1 in 10 I think depends on altitude and maybe velocity or individual barrel preference. Both of these would work well on deer at longer ranges. In 25 caliber it is difficult to find a bad bullet for deer with anything 80 to 120 grains as the bullets were designed for the medium 25s with a nod to the Weatherby most function well at middle velocities.

R26 is doing well for me in the 243 & 25-06 and soon the 6AI so I would give it a try in the Bob too if I had one.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli