A few bags of Magnum shot is handy to have on hand as it's an ideal alloy for magnum level pistol bullets just as it is.

But it's expensive to buy, so if I have some I keep it in the original bags and use it to blend with softer alloys...It's good to have some known alloy around.

I blend my alloy lower by at least 50% to run around 2-3% Antimony and 1% tin and use it for just about anything except heavy magnum pistol or rifle bullets.

A 3% - 1% alloy will not have any issues whether water dropped or powder coated or not, and a softer alloy will often shoot tighter groups depending on your barrel.

As part of my normal casting procedure, I also harden my bullets by dropping them in water out of the mold and I powder coat all my bullets, so leading is never a problem regardless of the alloy I use.

Water dropping takes no additional time or effort and makes them about as hard as the 6% alloy air-cooled bullets and that's more than hard enough.

92-6-2 is the standard "hardball formula" that is most often recommended, but using straight magnum alloy for lower pressure loads in anything is using a better and more expensive alloy than is necessary for most handgun loads.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."