Be honest - at the end of the day, you’ll buy from whoever has what you need or else go without which, being “one guy”, hurts them not.

Midway has a pretty good search function and stocks a good bit of the arcane stuff i like. That said, they’re third, fourth on my list soley because they’ve some shady practices. They’re inventory numbers are clearly low or modest - so they’ll gladly take your backorder, fill it if/when it ever suits them, and overcharge you not once, but now twice, for separate shipping.

For big-box, Brownells is my go-to. Search is a little shaky, but Stellar CS and save a ton with the Edge program. Last night i needed a spring. No problem; 2min online and it’ll be at my door in a few business days. With Brownells I feels like a customer; with midway i feel like a potential mark.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.