I thought I'd share a little story about something I'd never seen before on the trapline.

Awhile back I was checking my Beaver traps along a small stream that led into a flooded flat. The ground was frozen, and the night before we got a dusting of snow, less than an inch. As I walked the stream bank checking the 330 slide sets, there close to the water on the edge of the bank I noticed a small Beaver tail on the ground. Not noticing at first that there was a beaver attached to that tail, because the fur and rest of the animal were unexposed under the snow, I attempted to pick up the tail. Well, it became obvious that there was indeed a young beaver, nlt just the tail just laying there on the stream bank.
That young beaver was pinned to the ground by a tree that was about 3-4 inches in diameter that he had cut. The top of the tree was hung up in the tops of the other surrounding trees and could not lean to fall, but instead, slipped off the stump and drove its pointy end like a stake straight down toward the ground, the little beaver was between that pointed end and the ground and took the stake right in the center of his back.

Not something ya see everyday.!

Anybody else seen some strange things in the woods and on the line..?

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)