Wilbilly,
I'm with BeardHunter on the barrel selection. BHW/Columbia River Arms barrels are outstanding. I have two of their P5 barrels (5 groove polygonal rifling) and they are very accurate and easy to clean.
True Sporting Arms LLC is the online store for BHW/Columbia River Arms; LINK

BTW, all Columbia River Arms/BHW 5.56 barrels are actually .223 Wylde, which is a match-style chamber that will accept 5.56 NATO rounds, but, because of it's tighter neck dimensions, will give much greater accuracy than a standard 5.56 NATO chamber.

I'm a Rock River fan for uppers and lowers. They are still running a special on their stripped lowers for $60.00 and their complete upper receivers are $105.00, regularly $145.00.

Lots of good components out there, some of them quite inexpensive. Three things you definitely want to spend the money on are the barrel, BCG, and the trigger. I'm a huge fan of Geissele SSA-E.
The sister company (actually the wife company grin ) of Geissele is ALG Defense. ALG makes great forends and inexpensive, yet quality, mil-spec triggers which do not have the gritty creep.
I own one Timney trigger in an AR and it's a single stage. It's a good trigger.

OH, and you may as well spring for the Geissele "Reaction Rod" and the Geissele "Reaction Block". They will be an immense help in your building your AR. Pyramid Arms had the best prices on those, but there may be a New Years sale somewhere that is even cheaper.

Lots of good YouTube tutorials on how to assemble your AR and there are some folks here on the Campfire who are masters at it.

Best wishes on your build!

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 01/01/18. Reason: added text & kaint typ ner spel

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell