Report on Cabela's store brand plow

I bought and installed one. The 'universal' mounting plate isn't universal at all. It was too narrow to fit my '12 RZR 800. So, for the price of a $10 piece of 1/4" steel , I made one to fit. It was just a matter of welding on some brackets to hold the push bar and drilling 8 holes. Getting the holes in the right place was by far the hardest part. Just to be safe, I bolted on the brackets then welded around them. I'm not an expert welder.

We haven't had much snow yet, under 6", but for what we've had, it works great.It's plenty sturdy for my purposes but I can't speak for how it will do pushing 15" or so.
I was concerned about whether I'd need chains but so far, it hasn't slipped a bit. I helped the neighbors who have a steep driveway and it pushed right up it. Of course that has nothing to do with how well the plow works.

Supposedly you can leave the plate mounted year round but it hangs down too far. I put on a 2" lift kit last year and it's hangs down lower than what it was before the lift. So, come spring off it comes.

[Linked Image]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.