A big thank you ALL for the spot-on advice. Those soft Rem 250gr .455's that I found lurking in my stash
worked really well. I only had time to try one powder, so I went back to Unique to start with. I gave the cases
a good bell and crimped them well, watching for any creep on the unfired rounds in the cylinder.
Accuracy seemed okay, and best of all.....NO LEAD BUILD UP!!

The only problems I detected were some continued sooting on side of the case (but not too bad overall)
and some inconsistency in the velocities I recorded. Most were right on the money at about 875 fps,
but a few of them were about 100fps slower. I could feel it in the recoil and those cases produced more soot.
I was really careful on the weighing of the charges (8.5gr), double checking them all before dispensing,
and the seating depths and crimps were very consistent. Is this something that Unique is known for?
Perhaps it is rather position sensitive? I wish I'd had the time to try some Titegroup or Trail Boss.

HawkI, in regards to the dies, I'm using Lee dies right now and they seem to be working fine. I do have
a set of the RCBS Cowboy dies that I'd like to try. I think I got them in a horse trade somewhere along the line.
That may be how I acquired this assortment of bullets that I don't even remember buying!
I bought this gun about 15 years ago and am just now getting around to trying it! Been rather rifle obsessed for
a while. I also shopped for a bottle of the Lee Alox you recommended just to have, in case of need, but the store was out of it.
If I ever acquire a rifle in 45LC I wouldn't mind shooting up those hardcast bullets with a stiffer load, and I just
don't trust the invisible lube on those things so I may need me some Alox.