Originally Posted by JMR40
You buy a Kimber because you really want or need a super light rifle. Even the Montana is a bargain for a 5 lb rifle. The Hunter is a bargain if you want or need a 5.3 lb rifle. You are paying a premium in either one for weight reduction. No one ever claimed they were the best built, or accurate.

I have a Montana in 308. It is accurate enough, but I shoot my standard weight rifles a little better. That ain't on the rifle, it is fine, that is simply me. I'd seriously consider the Hunter if I needed another super light rifle. It is only about 5 oz heavier, but several hundred cheaper.

Most of the other rifles on your list are all standard weight rifles about 2 lbs or more heavier and do not belong in the same conversation as Kimber. The Tikka is still a standard size rifle,that splits the difference in weight. About 1 lb lighter than the others,and about 1 lb heavier than Kimber. And that ain't a bad place to be. Tikka is probably the most rifle for the money unless you really need that one pound less weight.

I agree with your reasoning but the Tikka Superlight may be closer in weight than you think. I didn't take a lot of time looking for exact ounces but a quick search says 5.2 lbs for the Tikka Superlight in standard calibers and 5.5 lbs for the Kimber hunter. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has both and an accurate scale ,factory weight statements being what they are.