Originally Posted by Shag
It's too bad that on overseas pack is tougher and hauls a load better than most USA packs. Sure they are from Montana. That makes me feel better anyway.

I couldn’t disagree more... the original MR NICE frame with a load lifter was the true heavy haul Work Horse of packs. It’s rated at over 200lbs.. these new foreign made packs with guide frames are nothing to write home about. Still a nice pack but kifaru and stone glacier have them beat for features, comfort and weight capabilities in my opinion and customer service. You cant customize anything with MR or even order a extra pack for your frame!! BUT the main thing that bothers me and took me from the biggest die hard MR guy to a hater is the fact they make these packs over seas at the same price they charged when they had US workers building them.. I’ll pay a bit more just to know someone here made it and my money stays here..

FYI, I talked to MR direct when I cancelled my order once I found out it was foreign made 2 years ago and they said all their military packs are still made here as they can’t ship that over seas as it’s a US contract. They just went cheap for us hunters..

"life is tough... It's even tougher when your stupid"

The Duke