My local Home Depot has the fine (red) 6 inch DMT's for $29.99. Wish I would have seen this thread sooner and could have perhaps saved the OP some money.....but if anyone else wants one HD either has it or can order it for you and you can pick it up at your local store.

Right now I am doing a rehab on a rental property and HD has been my second home. The DMT was in the tool section. I checked it out and was amazed at how light it is. It is just a little plastic box with a strip of diamond impregnated metal....not really a "stone" in the normal sense. I thought it would be great for guys that want a "field sharpener" because I would think it would be easier to use than one of those fold up jobs, still weighs nothing, can be used dry or with just water. With that stone, a Buck knife, and enough time I could cut up an elephant! laugh

I have never owned a quality diamond stone and started to buy it but HD is getting about all I can scrape together right now because of the project and I already have good sharpening tools. Maybe later. I do have experience with cheap diamond stones and can tell you the diamonds wear off of them pretty fast, especially if you have a tendency to bear down too much when sharpening which is a bad habit of mine I have to watch. I would suggest concentrating on using light pressure even with a good one to get the most out of it.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn