QL is just what MZ5 said..it's a PREDICTIVE software program...that means it used data collected from MANY sources and mathematically constructed using algorithms that fit certain parameters. READ THE FINE PRINT in the introduction...it states all the "wiggle words" and warnings.

Some of the powder data is linear and some only fits a narrow range and can go from nice and safe to "dig a hole and get laid to rest" very quickly.

QL should be used WITH A CHRONO (or two as I do)...and you should set the program up with the notices that give you information every time you point to a data box because you can change pretty much ALL the various parameters...INCLUDING shot start pressure which can change depending on the bullet construction and bullet length.

It has always been my contention that QL, Powley and other "predictive software" programs should only be used by advanced reloaders that have more than a passing grasp of ballistics because ALL of them can get you into trouble, basically, very quickly if used without recourse too additional data.

This statement isn't in any way deriding or dissing anyone, I've just read way to many online questions that indicate to me the level of MISUNDERSTANDING or NON-UNDERSTANDING many reloaders have when USING these software programs.

Happy hunting.