Originally Posted by carlm
Just a joke since the poster implied anyone who does not live in state where there are numbers of wolves cannot understand the problem, and I repeat, who said anything about loving wolves or not hunting them?

I spent almost 4 years in Russia and did quite a bit of hunting and fishing there. Half of trips were cut short or cancelled if I did not come up with extra bribe money and and I calculated this in my cost.

The size of Russian landscape and the steppe areas are mind boggling ( dwarfs Alaska) and very little road access unlike here in the states, and Europe.

You can go by train, plane, helicopter, snowmobile or raft to hunting and fishing areas. Most areas near the few crappy roads are poached out and little game or fish. Plane and helicopter were very unreliable at least 20 years ago. Probably still is because Russia is a phugged up country.

The only way to hunt steppes in winter ( huge flat areas with limited cover) and cover the hundreds of miles needed is by snowmobile or can ariel shoot.