AB2506;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope all is well in your world today and thanks for the link to the study.

Speaking personally my cougar experience is mostly second hand in that I'm not a dog man, but know/knew a few locals who ran them for cats. We've got some pretty fair sized cougars here in the south Okanagan - which is interesting in that our mulies, whitetail and mountain sheep typically are on the small side of the respective sub-species.

Going back perhaps 20 years now, I recall a conversation with a guide who was chasing a particular big tom which killed 3 adult moose in under two weeks. That number may have been less if they'd not been after it or that was the guide's speculation at the time.

We had a really bad winter in '96 and the cougars killed a bunch of horses on ranches and First Nations reserves from Vernon south.

For all that, though we see bobcats every few years, I've only seen a single cougar in all my time here in the bush. Tracks and kills were more frequent, but they are mobile and elusive creatures for sure.

Thanks again for the link and all the best to you as we head into spring.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"