Originally Posted by SWGAShooter
A few months back I wanted to build a light weight mountain rifle, but most on the forum said go Fieldcraft. When adding everything up for a build there was no way the build would cost less than a Fieldcraft. So...I bought a 6.5 CM from a member on the Fire. Bare rifle with rings weighed 5lbs 4 oz. Scoped with a 4x12 it weighs 6 lbs even.

I like to fit and finish of the rifle. The only thing I guess I could complain about would be the stock. The fore end is a little large. I have a McMillan compact stock on another rifle and it is perfect for me. Very slim and narrow fore arm. With that said, I would not go through the expense of another stock and bedding.

Recoil of the CM is a lot more than what I expected, compared to other CMs I have in heavier rifles. A lot of barrel jump and muzzle blast. I had to modify my shooting style to the rifle while on the bench.

Best group so far with factory ammo is a five shot group with the Hornady 143 ELDXs. Group measured 0.69”. I have some 140 Bergers and H 4350 that I am waiting to try when it warms up a bit this weekend.

Long story is that I am 97% satisfied with the Fieldcraft so I recommend going that route.

Which 4-12 model did you get that was 10 oz? Figuring the rings themselves where 2 oz or so.