Originally Posted by Elvis
I'm a bit surprised that there haven't been more responses. Doesn't anybody use Sciroccos?

I think part of the problem,is their reputation for being finicky. Needing to be seated deep ( more jump), turns some folks off. Then there is their reputation for being a " Hard" bullet. Raising pressure of tried and true pet loads with other bullets. I've never shot anything big or heavy enough to catch one. Pics I've seen of the recovered bullets are impressive.

Cost may play along with the afore mentioned opinions. It isn't that they are much more than other premium bullets per bullet. But,being sold by the 100 makes the initial outlay a bit high. Combine that with their finicky reputation,and people walk on by. Buying a couple different weights or diameters to try can set a fella back well over a C note.

To me,the benefits don't out weigh the investment. Deer hunting sure doesn't warrant it. Old fashioned Hornady spire points shoot remarkably well from so many different rifles. Along with the new Nosler ballistic tip hunting bullets. For heavier critters,the Accu Bond is a proven and accurate option. Let's not forget the old Partition. Very few complaints of their performance on the bigger animals.

A sexier bullet than Scirocco is hard to find. They do carry a lot of baggage some don't find appealing.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."