Originally Posted by silverbullet_99
Thanks gunwizard. I've got a featherweight 30-06 of 1952 vintage. I need to come by an entire firing pin/boltshroud piece to make it viable. I'd like to find a replacement stock as this one has been cut down and had a recoil pad added. I haven't cleaned the barrel but I fear it's pitted and may not shoot well but time will tell. Any of you experienced fellas, is it common for the featherweight floor plate when open to have side to side play or is that indicative to needing a replacement? Entire authenticity isn't paramount as if the barrel won't shoot I may rebarrel it but correct appearing is of benefit.

Sounds like the rifle is put together, if not bubba'd as is. Just so you know, the 30-06 fwt made its debut in 1955. There's no way a 1952 receiver would have a fwt barrel on it, unless it's been re-barreled.i pass on bubba'd pre 64s quite often. You can really get screwed if you don't know what you are looking at. I know where a bubba 270 fwt is right now that I can buy for $550.00, but it's obvious it's a put together piece. For a guys "first" pre 64, I'd think you would want to steer clear of rifles like that. You're only asking for headache and heartbreak. You'll end up with a bad taste in your mouth and be the first to bad mouth the pre 64. Buyer beware..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA