Likely to put in for WY general license next week and have been studying units. I'm leaning toward the general tag units that allow cows to be shot all season. I've hunted in Medicine Bow a couple times, alot of elk, alot of people, alot of roads. I'll have at least 1 buddy with me who's never shot and elk and wants to do so. I'll take a cow at some point if no bulls show up.

I've been looking at the western WY units with general tags and an all season cow chance. I've been studying units 92 and 94 for a couple years. The elk population is above objective, there appears to room to roam and the area isn't cut by roads every mile. Seems like it would be right up my alley - opportunity for a cow and areas for a bull to hide. What I don't know is the hunting pressure. Most these two units look to be a series of long ridges coming perpendicular down off a long main ridge(s). The area also looks much more open than I'm used to hunting.

Anyone care to opine on: elk numbers, hunter numbers, general elk habits in that area?

Not looking for coordinates or even areas, just the general information so I can dream up a game plan before I arrive.

Thanks.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.