Hello all, I have unique problem that I'm hoping someone could help me out with. A couple of weeks ago I had posted some pics of an 1899c in 30-30 I picked up at a local gun show. I brought it home and went through it and discovered that the pin holding the sear into place was buggered up, and when properly tightened, prevented the trigger from moving freely. So I luckily had a parts 1899 that I could steal a screw from and the problem was solved. One other issue that was present was that the lever was rather difficult to initially move when in the completely closed position. That seemed to be greatly lessened when I replaced the screw so I didn't think much of it. But today I took the gun to the range to shoot for the first time and the lever issue became significantly worse. To the point where after shooting 11 shots, I didn't think I was going to be able to get the lever to open and get the empty case out. It's not an extraction issue because I'm using factory ammo, and the lever is sticking in the completely shut position. Once I'm able to get the lever to move the case comes out of the chamber just fine, and without a set back primer as I have seen on my other Savage 30-30's. I brought the gun home and removed the butt stock and put a few drops of oil on the rear of bolt as well as the bolt/lever interface. It seems to be working better with the extra lubrication, but I was curious as to wether or not anyone else with early M1899's have experienced this issue? My SN:31,xxx so it's a pretty early gun, and this is the first one that old I've shot. I have several other M99's with the rounded rear bolt and never had any troubles with them. Thanks for any help you can offer.