I did see something interesting in one of the stores, a SXS 16 ga 9.3X72R, w/ exposed hammers, and a mere $1250. I think I'll have to pass, John Ricks is still working on the delivery of two babies, P-17 500 Jeffrey 25 1/2" w/ barrel band front, sling swivel and 1/4 rib off of a Ruger #1 458 barrel, and the other #1 458 barrel is being fit to a 98 mauser for a 458 HRH (2.5" 404 necked up), with all the nice hardware, and finished length of 23". Both guns will allow a 2x leupold to be fit scout style on the 1/4 rib. <P>As far as PFD projects, cross your fingers for me, as I'm trying to confince the CFO that I neeeeed a 12X36 engine lathe. With that I plan to sacrifice a contender barrel to make a threaded stubb so I can get cheap takeoff barrels from bolt guns, and thread them to the contender. Will make for all sorts of interesting experiments for pistol and carbine varients. <P>Oh, to the original thread, I did get jealous of my buddies Freedom Arm's Alaskan Master Guide series 454, 5 1/2" barrel and oh so tight, but, I just can't see wrapping up that much cash in a wheelgun. My factory 480 ruger is shooting 1" at 50 yds, and I could buy another 480, cut it to 5" to make it a packer, and still be out less $ for both guns then the FA 454.