I can tell you as fact from experience in the field a 7mm 120gr Barnes TTSX will take elk cleanly , giving complete penetration. A friend takes elk regularly with his 7-08 & the 120gr. The 110 gr TTSX should take mature deer easily. Me & mine take elk every year with the 260 Rem & the 120gr Barnes TSX with complete penetration. Have never recovered one from an elk. We also take mature muley bucks with the 260 Rem using the Barnes 100gr TTSX. Complete penetration. Use the 7mm 110gr TTSX with complete confidence on deer. These bullets perform out of all proportion to their weight. . For get every thing you know about lead core bullets. . The Nosler partition is a good bullet but the homogeneous copper bullets like the Barnes TSX&TTSX/ Hornady GMX fat out penetrate the Nosler. Try for yourself & see the difference. Remember Barnes says to seat these bullets .050 off the lands to start. Some where between .030 & .070 off the lands you will find the sweet spot for your rifle's best accuracy.