A buddy invited me to go shoot at his ranch yesterday. When I was first invited years ago we shot the plates set at 325 and then backed up to a fence line to shoot at 500 with my bargain bin AR. It was easy to pepper the 24" plate but he saw the opportunity. That trip was the longest shots I had taken in my life and it gave me the bug. He picked out a spot at the back of the ranch to add more steel and a year or so later I tried 750 and hit the 24x36 plate *eventually* using a 300WSM EW with 180 Deep Curls and a Zeiss Conquest with a homemade BDC tape but that really got me interested in long range.

In the last few years I have shot quite a bit at 400 and some at 600 with reasonable success but even since my last trip to Houston my equipment, loads and technique has changed and improved to a degree. This trip I had a solid 100 yard zero with a 6X SS and the velocity data on the 75 Amax over 'lever in the Montana 223. Shot 10 at 325 that measured 1.1 MOA and we moved to 750, shot a few times and made some rookie mistakes either dialing or with wind holds but saved the last ten for 900, I missed the first shot holding *with* the wind again but should have held right on as I did for the remaining 9.

This was a blast and I do envy those who can drive out on public land and shoot, ya'll a lucky for sure.

[Linked Image]

Dave