Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
This is about Cerebus, not Remington as a gun manufacturer.

If there is low quality control, that is because of the managing financial partner, not because the guns are junk. If the design of the 700 is the same as it was 20-40 years ago when they were awesome, then it's all about the financials not the production.

Alas, all the new Remington shotguns and rifles I've seen shot in the last 5 years have been more functional/accurate than anything from the past.

You're right, this is not the fault of the name brand, but of the people who are running it. Most of my rifles are Remington 700's and 7's. I had one that had to go back and be repaired due to the bolt handle coming unglued.......so yes, even I admit that there quality has been suspect. But, the rifles still shoot good, and if you replace that new trigger, they shoot even better. I just like their style, it's what I'm used to. I've tried Tikka's, and Howa's, and Ruger's, and while they were good shooting rifles, I keep going back to the 700's and 7's. I don't care what someone shoots, it' their dime and they can spend it as they want to. The thing I don't like is when they try and tell me that what they're spending their money on is a much better product than mine, when it's simply a matter of personal preference. I find Savage rifles to be as ugly as homemade sin, but if that's what someone likes, I'm happy for them.