I have one. I Thought it was press fit, and it doesn't bother me. I don't plan on wearing the barrel out.
The gun has a great fit an finish. Shoulders beautifully, and seems pretty accurate for the only one time I took it out.
But my 9.3x62 kicks like a mule and I think the accuracy had something to do with me getting sore.
So I have been in search of a new recoil pad. I contacted Limb saver but they don't have anything for the gun and I had response from them with in hours of my email.
I contacted Sauer and OSU Sig.
OSU Sig has been great help and has gone above and beyond to help me with any Q and concerns I have/had last few months... Pretty much ever since I started shopping for one he has helped me and even found me a new recoil pad. Something Sauer has neglected to do.
What I mean is.. I contacted the Costumer service twice in last 3 months regarding the recoil Pad. I know its petty, but I Have and have had NO response. Which has me worried, what if I had or have a REAL problem, Am I going to be wondering WTF is going on and get no response? That is My only gripe, with sauer at this time.
Not even an email to go pound sand regarding my pad. Which would have been better... At least I know someone is there.
Sorry sig, nothing against you, but Sauer left me hanging.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.