Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I can't understand why every manufacturer can't make vodka as smooth as Ketel 1. That low end vodka tastes like something that should be run through a bunsen burner,...while the good stuff is so smooth that you have to pay special attention to moderate it or you'll get yourself hammered in short order.

Seems to me like, if somebody is going to go to the trouble to distill spirits, they should learn to do it right. How much extra trouble and expense can it be?

all in the cuts, lots of lower end stuff leaves in more heads and tails to get more product. thats why good shine cut right will not give you a hangover.

I've heard that before...always figured it was part bullschitt and part true...the key for me seems to be to eat something and drink a few glasses of water before going to bed.

the heads is what will give you the hangover and make it harsh, people will mix some in for more volume. the tails are what can give that wet dog smell taste. though you can add a little tails . making cuts take practice i use proof, smell, taste and touch to do it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter