Originally Posted by jbmi
23 years ago I ordered a left hand Browning Stainless Stalker, 7mm-08.w/ BOSS. They only showed it in their 1995 Catalog, then never mentioned again. A number of years ago I called Browning inquiring about this gun, they would not tell me how many they made but said had a very rare model.
Still have, great rifle.

I do have one of those rare Browning A-bolt short action caliber stainless LH made back then I thought it was 1996 they made them, anyhow I think they only made about a 100 or so total and about 20 or so in each caliber such as 223 rem, 22-250, 7mm-08, 308, 260 rem ?, ect. Mine is in 22-250 with BOSS which I dont shoot any more. Hoping to sell it for big bucks some day! What happens with those limited runs sometimes is a certain wealthy person has a strong desire for something and has a distributor talk the rifle company into making a small run and these fall into the hands of rich collectors that are willing to pay a premium for what they want. In the used market it can be hard to fetch that premium dollar unless the rifle is NIB or close to it. Company's like Browning will later advertise something that they could make just to see how much the possible demand is.

I drifted off a little but getting back to those Browning SS LH short action caliber rifles there was an article in one of the gun magazines way back in the era of these being made that told how many of each caliber were made, and other specs. The reason they cant tell you at Browning about these are when you call is a combination of poor documentary of these builds and the person you talked to both really didnt care to help you with your research.

hotrodusa.....N.R.A. Life Member