Originally Posted by MickeyD
Originally Posted by 1minute
I rarely if ever use a staff, but if my life is going to depend on it, anything the will collapse, telescope, or was held in place by bungee cord would not be my choice.

The Folstaff is a damn solid unit once it is deployed. The bungee cord is only used to 'self assemble' and once assembled can be somewhat difficult to take apart if the joints aren't frequently
waxed. They will NOT come apart on their own.

I lost my Folstaff a couple years ago. Suspect I left it leaning up against a tree by the parking area. As MickyD (and others) have said, when pulled from the holster and extended it's rock solid. It is a pain to get apart after use and tapping the end on a rock will allow you to do so. I had a spare staff from LL Bean I've been using and it's a lot less "precision" and easier to get apart and still snaps together quickly when pulled from a holster.

I don't fish much water that needs a staff anymore but the couple I do it's an invaluable tool and I pull it out and let it float behind me if I think I'm going to need it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated