I'm trying to use the 55 gran TTSX in a standard 223 Remington. So far, it's surprised me it hasn't come together quicker as I've had good luck with both Barnes in other calibers and most other bullets tried in this rifle.

So far I've tried:
LC 14 brass, Remington 7 1/2 BR primer, Ramshot TAC
R-P brass, CCI 400 primer, Ramshot TAC, Hodgdon H-4895, Hodgdon Varget
COAL of 2.250" (0.052" off the lands in my rifle) for all loads

Nothing has really stood out and some of the data listed by Hodgdon has given anemic velocities. For instance, Hodgdon shows 24.0g as max for Varget giving 3,134 FPS for a 55g Barnes TSX FB. That load didn't even hit 2,900 FPS in my rifle! Their max charge for H4895 is 22.6g (for the same bullet) and shows it generating 3,110 FPS. That load didn't quite hit 2,700 FPS! And Barnes shows 24.5g of H4895 grains for the 62 grain bullets, so it would seem Hodgdon's data is quite low here (Barnes only lists IMR 4895 with their 55g bullets and H4895 with their 62g bullets)...

Granted, these are two different bullets and it's quite possible the TSX FB has more bearing surface and generates more pressure than the TTSX boat-tail. But that's a huge difference!

So far the most promising load looks like 24.8g of TAC with both the LC 14 / Rem 7 1/2 combo or the R-P / CCI 400 combo.

What's your 223 Rem load with the 55g TTSX and what kind of performance (velocity & group size) have you achieved with it?

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear