On Trump's election day, I ran over to a local shop and picked up a case (5000) rounds of Aguila SE CPHV stuff. My rifles AND pistols like it a LOT. I knew if the Screecher won, I'd be outa luck trying to find more. I already had 3500 rounds of it, and about 1500 rounds of MiniMagHPs, and a couple boxes of AutoMatch, and a couple of Winchester 555, etc., etc., etc. I've since bought some Blazer and Federal #510, too, to go along with a brick of old Winchester Power Points. All of that stuff shoots well in one or more of my .22 rifles. If I find something the rifles like, I try to pick up a brick or two to keep on hand. Last weekend, it was a brick of CCI SV, which all the rifles like a lot. I won't talk about Velocitors or Stingers laugh but I keep some of those on hand, too.

I will not be caught with my britches down again, like I did when Obama got elected. If the stuff doesn't shoot well in my rifles, it will be good enough for the pistols. One way or another, I should have enough to get by for awhile.

Those Aguila loads shoot quite well when the weather is warm, but in cold weather it's a little flaky. So are most other rimfire loads, though. I keep a lot of Hornady 17gr. VMs for my .17HMR, and a lot of 30gr. .22WMR ammo on hand, too. Once bitten, twice shy, I guess.

I am not a hoarder, though, I'm an overage Boy Scout. grin

Last edited by ratsmacker; 02/20/18.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.