Originally Posted by utah708
Thanks for sharing those. It is fun to stare at them and look for all of the differences.

The one on the top is characteristically Biesen--particularly with the checkering pattern. The bottom one has different bottom metal with a sweep back in the bow. The bolt handle has also been changed out. The cheekpiece on the bottom one droops down more than the one on the top. The loading port bevel also appears significantly deeper on the lower rifle.

Do the stocks have a little "notch out" on the left hand side of the receiver, just below the "Winchester" logo? It is hard to tell in the photos.

So I assume the top one has front sight to go with open sight rear that is visible in the photos?

Do you have any way to know which rifle was built earlier? Obviously the serial numbers on the actions are of no help, but I wonder if they put a date in the barrel channel. If I was going to guess--and it is purely a guess--the bottom one was built earlier, and the top one was after the features we recognize as quintessentially Biesen had emerged.

According to the seller "This is a stunning rifle that was built by Roger Biesen not long before his retirement and the cessation of Biesen's gunmaking operations". I've had the 270 for almost 10 years so it looks like the '06 is a more recent build.

Both do have the notch below the Winchester logo. The 06 is a factory featherweight so it does have the sights.

“Factio democratica delenda est"