I wouldn't be so quick to give up on the Sako.I'm not trying to be a smartass but you write"it appears" to have "the" ejection problem.I have read enough to realize it is possible you have a bad one.I have also read some don't, even the most notorious,being 85M and 85SM actions.I have an 85S with no issues what so ever.As a matter of fact,I traded a Tikka,with extras of course,for it.I wouldn't trade back that's for sure.I would bet you will take a beating money wise.That would be enough to motivate me to make it work,or get a refund.You didn't buy it from Beretta,if it is truly a defective item,you should be refunded from the vendor.If you bought it with a cc you have some leverage.If you bought it for really good price from a private party you were ripped off.I would not buy one unless it was tested first(returnable).
Like I said I had a T3 and loved it,but it's no 85 by a longshot.If you do go that route with the Tikka their stock magazines are just fine,I never saw a need to get the aftermarket metal type,plastic won't rust.The actions feed everything well.That along with the great accuracy is what sells them.It aint because they are pretty.
So ,how much you want for that POS Sako.

Sorry,I drank the Sako-Aid.My opinion may be biased.
bh444