Without getting into why I think 9.3x62 Mauser is one of the greatest and most successful (has killed more tonnage of game throughout the world... than any other caliber)... I will simply say, I LOVE THE CALIBER!!!

I fire form .30-06 brass (lower shoulder and .308 case mouth) to 9.3 x 62 Mauser (higher shoulder, larger diameter, .366 case mouth)... and tada over two tons of energy... very flat (260 Yards will keep you on a paper plate without hold over) and decent speed (2,500 FPS with a 286 gr. pill). 9.3x62 is legal to hunt elephant with... it also works well on smaller animals.

Cartridge on the left is a "ready to Fire Form" .30-06... 9.3x62M on the right.

[Linked Image]

Any primer will work (pistol, rifle, magnum etc.)... does not matter.

[Linked Image]

These case were annealed... the last batch was not (I had 3 splits out of 120 fired from that lot).

[Linked Image]

Powder charge is about 1/2 of what you read on the internet... 5 grains would do it... I did 7.3 grains... 10 grains will also work, but you will get more splits... and have more brass to trim.

[Linked Image]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.