Originally Posted by jorgeI
Hi guys. A couple of observations and thoughts. In both my Miroku 405, accuracy is superb with 51.5gr of N-133, F-210 (match) primers and the NF solids. My friend FlyBoy Flem here also reported great accuracy with this load, with velocity around the 2250 mark. With the NF softs, TSXs and Woodleighs I use 52gr to attain 2250 fps and also great accuracy. If I had to stick with one bullet, I'd opt for the TSX, Very accurate, great penetration and it was designed for the 405. I also use a Lee factory crimp die i had made. Cr, I'd like to see that N133 pressure data as well as NF loading tips. Incidentally, it was you CR that turned me onto N-133 and it is also the cleanest powder I've ever used!

I totally agree with jorge on the TSX although the NF solids grouped the best of the three I load tested [ NF,Woodleigh & TSX ] the TSX was second overall but the price per shot vs the others was certainly a no brainer IMO.

In addition I'm glad to see the 405 making a comeback it certainly deserves more attention especially with modern powders and bullets...Ole Teddy would be proud !

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody