I bought this at an estate sale a couple of years ago just because it was a 7MM carbine. It was rough finish wise but I thought it was still a serviceable rifle. After a few days I tried to load some shells and take it to the range but Bubba the gunsmith had struck. The shells wouldn't chamber. A trip to a real gunsmith showed some headspace issues and minor throat erosion where Bubba had tried to clean up the chamber. This was easily remedied by setting it back just a tad and some polishing of the chamber. But Bubba wasn't done he had jeweled the bolt,the extractor and magazine ramp. He also had cut the bolt knob in half and checkered that. Well in for a penny in for a pound so they say. I had the smith take the jeweling off reblue the extractor along with the barrel and refinish the stock and recut the checkering. These were in bad shape when I bought the gun anyway. He also worked his magic to make the bolt knob round again. It's not a "collector" gun but it did come out nicely and I even managed to take a deer this fall with it. It has quickly become a favorite and she's good for another generation or two.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]