Originally Posted by oldpinecricker
Bought an '15 Polaris RZR for my dad and he got over 5k on the belt and he literally blew it up (not good).

I told him to replace every 2500-3k and it's fine on RZR UTV. If your hauling loads on the Ranger UTV and actually working it I would assume a bit more frequently as it states in the operators manual.

A tech who works on these confided to me that the big deal is that folks don't run the vehicle in low range enough when in steep or challenging terrain to keep the correct clutch tension and engagement. Anything under 20mph and slower really needs to be used in LOW.

As per changing belts on the Polaris, it's pretty darn easy. The OEM belts are very high quality so stay with them and their correct dimensions. These are slightly more maintence than my Honda with its direct drive, but my Honda is a dog in performance and it's had seals go out and puke out gear oil so it's not like it's totally free of issues and maintence. They all have some level of maintence. Maintaining a Polaris CVT belt and drive is pretty easy and if you don't have the eps braking on your machine you'll want to install the SLP one way bearing kit for engine braking. Great addition.

The big deal is to maintain your belt and change when needed, and always have an extra on the machine. I put a aluminum box on my dads Polaris with extra belt, small bottle jack, tire kit, spare mounted tire, extra cable tow rope, chainsaw, and a few tools.
I assume you mean EBS? Power steering isn't closely related to engine braking. grin

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.