Originally Posted by Highoctane
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Regardless, I believe Zeiss quit servicing the conquest scopes. The same can't be said for Leupold or any of the scopes they've sold in the last 10+ years. I recently bought a Zeiss HD5 because it was a smoking closeout deal. But I honestly had to think hard about whether I wanted to jump in that pool again and I considered Swaro's and others in the same price point. Long term support is definitely something Zeiss needs to think about if they want brand loyalty. They seem to be OK with their high end glass, not so well with the mid and low end IMO.

Your point on " long term servicing" is the exact reason I backed outta buying the Conquest MC. Ive read where people have sent back their Conquest MC due to whatever reason and received a Terra model back. Some questioned the decision and were told there were no parts to repair their Conquest MC. Whether that was "truth" or not, I don't know. Just what I read....But if true, unacceptable in my opinion.....

That's why I don't buy the Conquest scopes that I see in the classifieds. People are jacking the price up on these scopes even in used condition to what you could have bought a new one for back in the day. If the mood ever strikes me I'll just buy a Meopta if I want a Conquest and not have to worry about it if something goes awry.

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN