Gentlemen; I am just getting ready to do some reloading for the .375 H&H.

My immediate concern relates to the bullets I have on hand; the 235 grain TSX and 350 grain TSX what are your suggestions are far as crimping?

My thoughts are to use the 235 grain for my local hunting and work up a load for cape buffalo to be used on my next and final trip to Africa which likely be 2020 or 2021.

Is the 250 grain TTSX a better choice for a deer bullet than the 235 grain TSX?

My intermediate concern is selecting a bullet for Cape Buffalo.

I have checked out getting the 380 grain Rhino bullet from South Africa, mainly due to Kevin Robertson's comments in his Perfect Shot 2 book. They are expensive mainly due to shipping to Canada and there is no real cost advantage to doing a bulk buy. Despite the cost the comments from Robertson are intriguing. Any thoughts or comments?

One of the PHs I am investigating suggested against using the 350 grain Barnes TSX as he had a case of the bullet travelling through a buffalo and killing another beyond, obviously creating a problem.

What are your thoughts on the 350 grain Woodleighs, 300 grain TSX, A-Frame, Woodleighs or 270 grain TSX for use as expanding bullets for Cape Buffalo?

For solids what are your thoughts on the Woodleigh Hydrostatically stabilised bullets? I know the Barnes banded solids will work well. If I can get them to a correct point of impact would the 350 grain TSX be suitable as a deep penetrating follow up bullet or would you stick with solids?

My easy access to bullets are limited to the Barnes, Swifts and Woodleighs.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

George

This is also posted in the Big Bore forum.