Great hunt in S. Texas very wary animals and didn't think I was going to be able to close the deal on this hunt. I had missed earlier in the day at an oryx that I miss judged range at 312 yds but was actually 453 yds.
I knew something was up when my bullet hit the dirt at it's hoof.

After that I sat in the blazing 95 degree TX sun mid day when I spotted a gemsbok that always ran with the scimitars. I watched the gemsbok and after 10 minutes he went into the brush. I stayed put for another 10 minutes and nothing emerged so I walked down to the next sendaro and watched for 45 minutes and nothing came out. I figured they were in that large patch of brush for the day and I would hunt it in the late afternoon and hope they would come out on the side I would sit. Some times a plan comes together and right before 6 pm oryx slipped into the sendaro right in front of me at 100 yds.
I picked the lead animal that appeared to be big and long and as it was just entering the brush across the sendaro quartering towards me I fired. It buckled and stumbled back onto the sendaro.I reloaded another round (200 gr accubond)in my .338 Ruger No. 1 but as it turned I could see the 1st shot was perfect so I didn't shoot again and a second later it dropped.
I hit the on side shoulder and recovered the bullet just under the hide on the last off side rib,retained weight was 130 gr.
The horns measure 45"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT