I loaded some 130 gr. Sirocco's last week and headed to the range. I used Nosler load data for the 130 gr. Accubond, but after talking with the folks at Swift I found that I needed to reduce my max loads by 2 grains. I used 42.5 grains IMR 4350 and 45.4 grains of RL 19 as max loads according to Swift and seated the bullets to .030 off the lands for a total OAL of 3.072. I went up in .5 grain increments until reaching the published max. I was shocked when I hit the max load of IMR 4350 because they were all nearly in the same hole, a .085 group. The RL 19 load produced a group that was about .75 inch.

I've loaded up some more at published max of 4350 and RL 19. I want to make sure the 4350 load wasn't a fluke. The guy shooting next to me had a 038 AR with a muzzle brake on it and it would nearly knock my hat off every time he fired one off. I finally had to wait until he finished his 30 round mag before shooting the RL19 loads. The attached pics are of the final loads. The last one is my CZ 527 .223 that I was sighting in a new scope.

I hope to be able to chronograph those loads as well. It was a little too cloudy and I was afraid I wouldn't get good readings.

Attached Images
6.5.jpg (83.67 KB, 17 downloads)

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!