I agree that it is easier to rack than most guns. There is not much resistance using the thumb and forefinger until about the last 1/2 inch, and even that last part is not bad, especially for someone who has built up a little momentum for the first part. I can't answer Son_of_the_Gael's question because I don't know how a "normal" .380 racks. I once had a Sig p238 that I thought was relatively easy. I think the appeal of the S&W is the longer barrel, taller height, grip safety, and no single action manual of arms.

A few comments. The trigger seems pretty nice. The grip safety activates a lever that depresses the firing pin block. If you pull the trigger with the grip safety disengaged and then activate the grip safety with the trigger remaining pulled, it will not fire until you release the trigger and pull the trigger again. It looks like the SKUs for some holsters made for the M&P Compact .22 are also being used for this gun.

I won't be testing it until I have an appropriate test shooter available. I have some ball ammo and some Low Recoil Hydra Shoks that tested well in the .380 Ammo Quest done by Shooting the Bull. I do intend to chronograph it during the initial outing, and I intend to shoot some standard velocity hard cast Buffalo Bore rounds at water jugs at some point. (The Ammo Quest on the Buffalo Bore was interesting.)

I have seen some forum posts by people who seem to be bumping the mechanical thumb safety to the "on" position during recoil. I bought the version without the thumb safety.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln