Originally Posted by aklaunch
I took my Colt 16 incher to the range again on Friday. Not as good of luck with the Sierra Game King/TAC combo as before.

I did however have good luck with the Barnes 70gr TSX bullets and TAC. Once again i used the online 5.56 data and loaded all the way up to max in .2 grain increments. 24.4 was .85 of an inch. 24.6 shot 1.75 and all the rest of the groups through the max of 25.6 shot terrible. 2 - 2.3 MOA.

I am real happy with the 24.4 grain TAC/WSR load. 24.4 over my chronograph got me 2711fps with an ES of 16fps. The max of 25.6 averaged 2824fps. It was 38° F and around 200 feet above the ocean.

I am looking forward to going back and playing around a tenth above and a tenth below to find the middle range.

I also stopped by the store and picked up a can of 2520 hoping for a touch more velocity with the same accuracy. This is my new Cougar rifle. The 70's need to go fast. I will report back on Friday night the results.

did you get a chance to test drive the 2520?- I'm leaning towards getting an 8pounder of it, it's listed for more calibers- still thinking of 2230 as well